Monday, May 10, 2010

The Wonder

A long time ago, I was born, and I was a baby.  Then I was a kid, and I rode my bike around the neighborhood with the neighborhood kids.  Then I went to high school and had boyfriends and took the SATs and played sports and got obsessed with bands and boys.  I went to college and learned to learn, and then I got another degree and a job, and I lived as an adult for a while.  I met and married my mate.  We found and maintained shelter from the weather.  We worked to sustain ourselves.  We talked about having a baby and talked about having a baby and planned to have a baby and planned to have a baby.  Then we had a baby.  She's here.  She's asleep in her cradle while we eat our breakfast.  She wasn't here last week.  But she's here now.  And she's hungry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment